Monday, August 17, 2026

storytelling

For as long as I've known, I have been so wound up with being a 'good' artist, to the point of neuroticism. 

I was always needing to get 'better' at art, until my life was changed in 2020. I then was in the slumps for many years.

Only when I started LMBOW did I learn, I still can make art, just in the right way now.

I now loved art for it's storytelling capacities.

My art 'skills' had changed for a purpose, because it was trying to teach me something.

Fine art, fine drawing, is nothing without love to hold it together.

 I finally found the love in myself to laugh at my art without hating myself one iota, which is really big. So laugh at your own art, don't take yourself so seriously. It's easier said than done for someone like me.

Anyways, these days I am less wound up about whether the drawing is 'amazing'. I'm happier with the standard of drawing I'm at. It look be lumpy sometimes, but I like it like that. I'm more than okay with it, I actually prefer it that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to be a member of the blog, please contact potatge on Discord with the riddle password please.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.